Monday, May 1, 2017

“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ i will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.”

What this quote is trying to say is that when you give your word of honor, you should always keep your word. If you say you're going to do something, then do it. You shouldn’t have to be behind bars in order for you to keep your word. If you say you're going to be at practice at 3:00, then be there. Don’t have the team and the coach waiting for you because something came up last minute. Call ahead of time and let them know that you're not going to be able to make it. Keeping your word is like keeping the key to someone’s heart. If you break what you said, you will hurt not only yourself but the other person as well.don’t let one mistake be the reason why people don’t trust you anymore. If someone made a promise to you that they will help you with homework at 3:30, but they never show up. How would you feel? If you don’t like that feeling then imagine the feeling you give to the other people you do that to. It will make them feel terrible because they thought they can count on someone like you but now they’re having second thoughts about it. Always keep your word so you can always have that trust with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment